SQUARE ONE is a one-on-one workshops for aspiring photographers. … Here’s the scoop on what this workshop entails…
This workshop is for ANYONE! Whether you are aspiring to own your own business and have no clue where to start, or if you are already pursuing photography and just need an extra push, this is the place to learn it all!
We will start wherever you feel comfortable. If you already know the basics, we will fly past them and move to more in depth information. If you need the basics, we will start there!
Some of the things we will cover will range anywhere from:
– Shooting manually and having complete control over your camera functions and flash. My biggest goal is to get exactly what I want in camera so that my job at the computer is easy schmeesy. I will show you how I shoot, what I am looking for lighting wise and location wise.
– Advice on best equipment and where to get the best deals. I’ll show you what has worked best for me, what I use most and what I use each product for. Equipment doesn’t make or break a photographer, but it sure helps a good photographer be great.
– Learning how to launch a website and blog. I will give you the nitty gritty on what companies I have used, the cost, the benefits, and how to get your online presence to the most effective place.
– Advice on best photo labs, canvas suppliers, album suppliers, etc.
– Workflow in a nutshell. I will physically show you the way I cull out the bad images, edit the good, blog the best and show you all this with the real programs and plug ins that I use everyday.
– Help with setting achievable goals and pushing yourself to dream big!
And basically anything else you can think of to ask me! I will be completely transparent and show you what has worked for me and what hasn’t worked. I believe the best way to learn something is to be active in the learning process. So I would definitely encourage you to bring your camera and plan to shoot along side of me. There will be a model that we will photograph for a portion of the day to get hands on experience and practice. Not to mention rockin images to add to your portfolio! If you are interested in setting up a one-on-one workshop, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are a few images from Natalie’s workshop. Jessica, the model for this shoot, did an amazing job!